1) How The Company Uses Personal Information
The Company may collect Personal Information in order to:
• Authenticate, manage, send notice(s) to registered members, and provide various service functions;
• Host and organize various events such as seminars;
• Deliver information regarding the Company’s services by email newsletters;
• Request for questionnaires, announce campaigns and deliver prizes;
• Advertise, promote and sell products or services of the Company or third parties;
2) Disclosure of Personal Information
In principle, the Company will not disclose Personal Information to third parties without prior consent by site users. However, the Company may disclose Personal Information without consent of site users, in cases where such disclosure:
• Is in accordance with or required by applicable law;
• Is necessary for the protection and/or the safety of members of the public or properties owned thereto, and it is difficult or impractical to obtain the consent of the site user;
• Is necessary for public health or education and it is difficult or impractical to obtain the consent of the site user;
• Is made in cooperation with national or local authorities, or an individual or entity appointed by such authorities to enforce the law or carry out legal process, and in which seeking the consent of the individual could affect such enforcement or legal process;
3) Procedures for Disclosure, Correction and Membership Suspension
In response to a request for disclosure or correction of Personal Information or request for a suspension of web site use, the Company shall promptly respond within a reasonable period if a requestor presents sufficient personal identity; provided, however, that this shall not apply if responding to such request is likely to cause harm to the life, health, livelihood or property of a site user or any other third parties, if it is likely to harm the rights or interests of the Company in its sole discretion, or if it constitutes a violation of the laws and regulations.
4) Personal Information Protection
The company will take necessary precautions in order to safeguard Personal Information and to prevent and remedy inappropriate use of this website including but not limited to unauthorized accessing, loss, destruction, manipulation, leakage, etc.
About Our Site
The words “You,” “User” or “Member,” as used herein, refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing or using the Website for any reason. The term “Your Content” or “User Content,” as used herein, shall mean information that You submit, publish or display on any website provided by The People Studio Pte. Ltd. (the “TPS”)
Access to the Website
TPS reserves the right to modify or discontinue any services or content provided by TPS with or without notice to the User. You acknowledge and accept that TPS does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted service or access to the Website and operation of the Website may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of Our control.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for You to have access to the Website and to the services provided therein.
Payment for Membership Subscription
You shall pay TPS for membership subscription on the Website at the price in effect on the date of Your subscription. Payment is neither refundable nor exchangeable for cash. You shall make payment by [credit card] or any other payment mechanism permitted by TPS, as described on the Website. You hereby authorize TPS to collect (whether directly or indirectly) such amounts by charging Your credit card (details of which to be provided by You), via a third party online payment processor or by one of the payment methods described on the Website. If You are directed to TPS’s third party payment processor, You may be subject to terms and conditions governing use of that third party’s service and that third party’s personal information collection practices. TPS shall not be responsible for any damage, loss or harm to You resulting from Your use of that third party’s service.
TPS may at any time review and revise the membership subscription fee, and any new membership subscription fee so specified by TPS shall apply from such date as TPS may determine at its absolute discretion.
You shall pay to TPS, in addition to the membership subscription fee, a sum equal to any applicable taxes chargeable on the membership subscription fee.
Disclaimer of Warranties
All of the information and materials contained on the Website, including text, graphics, information, links or other items are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with all faults, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, any warranty on the ownership of intellectual property rights, for information, data, data processing services, uptime or uninterrupted access. You acknowledge and accept that TPS has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, this Website or any of the services or information provided therein. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, TPS makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of this Website or any of the services or information provided therein in terms of its availability, accuracy, adequacy, correctness, precision, timeliness, completeness, thoroughness, reliability or otherwise.
TPS expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the information and materials contained therein, and assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, Your computer equipment or other property on account of Your access to, use of, or browsing in the Website or Your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Website. If You are dissatisfied with the Website, Your sole remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
No warranty of any kind, whether implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from defect, computer virus or other error, is given in conjunction with any of the information, materials or services provided by TPS. We make no warranty that the Website or the services thereon will meet users’ requirements.
Limitation of Liability
The Website acts as a platform for employers/recruiters to post jobs and search for candidates, and for candidates to post resumes and search for jobs. TPS is not involved in the actual transaction between employers/recruiters and candidates. As a result, TPS has no control over User Content, quality, safety, or legality of jobs or resumes posted and makes no representations about any jobs, resumes or User Content. TPS shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any entity in connection with jobs posted on or through the Website. You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the accuracy, form and substance of any of Your Content that is posted on the Website. You further acknowledge and agree that You are responsible for evaluating any content on the Website and that TPS shall not be responsible for Your career decisions.
For the avoidance of doubt, You acknowledge and agree that:
• in the actual transaction between employers/recruiters and candidates, TPS neither acts as agent for the employers/recruiters nor agent for the candidates. Any transaction to be entered into shall be a matter between the employers/recruiters and candidates in question;
• TPS is not a party to any agreement or contract that a employer/recruiter and candidate may enter into with each other and TPS disclaims all liability in this regard;
• TPS is not an employment agency or employment agent.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, TPS ‘s maximum total, aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with the Website and any information or services provided therein, regardless of the cause of action (whether in contract, tort, breach of warranty or otherwise), will in no event exceed the total amount You paid to TPS within the twelve (12) month period preceding the date the claim first arose.
Acceptable use Policy
1) Unauthorized Use. Unauthorized use of the Website and TPS ‘s systems including but not limited to unauthorized entry into any of TPS systems, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any information posted to the Website is strictly prohibited. TPS reserves the right, in Our sole discretion, to immediately revoke Your account and/or seek all other legal remedies available for scraping jobs, copying copyrighted text, or otherwise mis-using or mis-appropriating site content, including but not limited to, use on a “mirrored”, competitive, or third party site
3) Website Restrictions. The job posting database (“TPS ‘s Database”) and other features of the Website may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking employment and career information. You may not use the Website in order to transmit, post, distribute, store or destroy material, including without limitation, Website Content, (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
4) Prohibited Uses. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website including without limitation, the following activities: (a) accessing data not intended for You or logging into a server or account that You are not authorized to access; (b) sharing Your username and password with individuals not authorized to access the data; (c) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization from TPS.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. TPS will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users or Members who are involved in such violations. TPS also specifically prohibits the following:
• Using TPS’s Database for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees or as a candidate seeking a position, including but not limited to using the information in the TPS’s Resume Database to sell or promote any products or services;
• Sending multiple applications to unsuitable or irrelevant job postings including without limitation, positions for which Your experience does not match the basic qualifications of the job posted.
• Posting or submitting to the Website any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not owned or licensed by the poster;
• Sending unsolicited mail or email, making unsolicited phone calls or sending unsolicited faxes regarding promotions and/or advertising of products or services to other Users or Members
• Aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner all or part of the Website Content or information available from the Website, without express written consent from TPS.
Right to Refuse and Disclosure
For the avoidance of doubt and notwithstanding that we endeavor to review each job listing found online or submitted by recruiters and employers, You acknowledge that TPS is under no obligation to vet or monitor the contents therein submitted by a User and You agree and undertake that the You alone will be wholly responsible for Your Content that You submit to TPS.
Upon the request of any government authorities, a court order, the legitimate request of a person who alleges that any of Your Content is defamatory of that person (TPS shall have absolute discretion in determining whether such request is legitimate and/or the material in question defamatory), or the legitimate request of the copyright owner of any of Your Content (TPS shall have absolute discretion in determining whether a request is indeed from a copyright owner and whether such request is legitimate), You agree that TPS may at TPS ‘s absolute discretion remove any of Your Content from the Website and/or disclose Your identity, contact details, Your Content and Your information to the requesting party (as well as provide copies of the same).
You acknowledge and agree that, as between You and TPS, TPS owns, and shall continue to own, all proprietary right, title and interest (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret and patent) in and to RegionUP.com and all Website Content provided by TPS on the Website, including without limitation, site design, text, graphics, and interfaces (“TPS Materials”). Any use of TPS Materials including reproduction, modification, distribution, or replication, any form of data extraction or data mining or other commercial exploitation of any kind without prior written permission of an authorized officer of TPS is strictly prohibited.
TPS does not represent or warrant that the use of the Website will not constitute an infringement or misuse of any third party intellectual property rights. You agree to assume all risks arising out of or relating to Your use of the Website. Notwithstanding anything that may be to the contrary, TPS makes no warranty that any information, material or content made available by TPS via the Website does not contain computer viruses and TPS accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever relating to the aforesaid.
By posting Your Content to any public area of TPS ‘s websites, including without limitation, message boards, profiles, forums, contests and chat rooms, or by otherwise submitting or transmitting any such Content to us: (i) You acknowledge, represent and warrant that such Content is original to You and that no other party has any rights thereto, or that You have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to furnish and/or license such Content and submit it to the Website, and that any “moral rights” in having the Content edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted or displayed in a manner not agreeable to You have been waived; and (ii) You automatically grant to TPS and its affiliates a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, irrevocable right and worldwide license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, communicate to the public, perform, display and distribute such content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works such content in connection with the marketing and promotion of TPS or for any other purpose, at TPS ‘s sole discretion. We cannot be responsible for maintaining any Content that You provide to us, and we may delete or destroy any such Content at any time without prior notice.
You agree to be bound by and shall execute any end user license agreements relating to any software or technology utilized on the Website that TPS may from time to time require You to agree to and execute for the purpose of the provision of the service on the Website, failing which Your use of the Website shall be discontinued or suspended at the discretion of TPS.
The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Website and/or on content available on the Website are registered and unregistered Trademarks of TPS and others and may not be used in violation of applicable rights. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website without the written permission of the applicable rights holder.
All subscriptions will automatically renew (“auto-renew”) to preserve continuity of the services. Discounted memberships will auto-renew at the regular price in effect on the date You subscribed at the end of Your discounted membership term unless We otherwise notify You of a price change. TPS reserves the right to modify pricing at any time upon advance notice to You. You acknowledge and agree that if You have not cancelled Your membership or turned off the auto-renew function within the specified time after receiving notice of a price change, Your membership subscription will auto-renew at the price indicated in Your notice. You may choose to turn off the auto-renew function in Your account settings page.
If You would like to stop Your subscription and not be charged for renewal, You must turn off your auto-renewal setting at least one (1) day before the last day of your subscription expiry. You can do so in the “Confirm Membership Information” of your settings page.
In the event that any governmental or regulatory authorities direct or instruct or give guidance that TPS should cease the service or the Website or the service or Website would cause TPS to be in breach of any laws or regulatory requirements or guidance to which it is subject, TPS shall be entitled to immediately terminate Your account membership and/or Your access to and use of the Website forthwith without entitling the You to receive any compensation in respect of the termination.
No Resale or Unauthorized Commercial Use